Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sofia's favorite things....

Sofia is growing up so fast, it honestly seems like she changes every day at this point! We joke that she's a parrot because she repeats nearly everything we say, especially the last two words of our sentences. Or if you ask her "Now what?" or "What else?" she repeats it - it's very cute! She's also very good at grabbing my hand and saying "Show me" and leading me off to whatever it is that she wants or needs - usually books! (When I can't figure out what she wants I tell her to 'show me' and that's where she gets it from).

She still loves owls, alligators, and puppies but is now a big fan of peacocks! I showered her some peacock feathers in the flower department of our local grocery store and ended up buying two of them. She loves them and carried them around the house saying "Peacock, peacock." She still loves to watch youtube videos of owls, puppies, alligators, and now peacocks. She LOVES the noise peacocks make!! I'm trying to locate real peacocks around here, but neither zoo seems to have them......

Her other big favorite is Elmo, which she says "Melmo." She only knows "Melmo" from her diapers, and carries one around with his image all over the house....I'm considering buying her a little Elmo stuffed animal, but am not sure we want to go down that path - then it will be the next Disney character, etc....

Sofia also LOVES to go in the pool despite the fact the water is in the 60s. I strip her down and she runs in and splashes, sits down, and mainly crawls out the side and walks back in...I don't know how she does it! She'll easily spent 30 minutes playing and I'm usually the one that suggests a bath since it's the only thing that will get her out of the pool!

She's really a lot of fun and I can't believe how quickly it all goes by.....

Walking toward our backyard carrying her Elmo diaper and her "peacocks"


Strolling....Sofia went in the pool moments after this picture, but she goes in the nude, so no pics.


Riding our neighbor's pig! Sofia thinks it will bounce like her pony


Playing with the pig's ears...

No comments: