Friday, December 12, 2008

Mommy's little helper

Last night we had CK's Grandma Van, Aunt Bonnie, Uncle Marvin, cousin Tanya, Jason and their kids Eric, Adam, and Jessica over for dinner and let's just say I had more of a helper than I needed before they arrived! Luckily, one of the girl's from the gym's daycare, Miss Megan, babysat Sofia for 2 hours while I organized the house and started cooking - I couldn't have done it without her and it was a trial run at future date night babysitting. Sofia loves Miss Megan, who has taught her how to growl like a tiger - very cute with hand gestures and everything! So, I made chicken chili for a crowd and corn bread. I showed Sofia how to lick her finger and stick it in sugar and then taste it - this resulted in handfuls of corn meal to be devoured (I did set up her own little bowl, so she wasn't pawing at our future corn bread!). Let's just say corn meal was everywhere and I had to change her before everyone showed up. She had a lot of fun!

Hmm, what's in here?!


Yum, corn meal!


Caught!!


Sofia then started dipping a piece of bread into the corn meal and thought this was a great treat!


Licking her hands clean - our girl is NOT a fan of things on her hands, especially food!

No comments: