Saturday, September 21, 2019

The Best Birthday and Megan's Wedding Shower!

Today was a great day and not just because it is my birthday! A few months ago, CK told me he wanted to buy me a pottery wheel for my birthday! The best birthday present ever and so exciting! I've looked on and off for over a year for a used wheel, but have never had any luck. Ironically, just before I told CK which brand new wheel to buy, I went on Craigslist and actually found a used Speedball Clay Boss wheel for less than half of a new wheel! The used wheel was about 45 minutes away and CK picked it up and delivered it to our garage about two weeks before my birthday! It's SO cool and I'm so excited to have my very own wheel that I can use anytime I want. Of course, I still plan to use the CERA studio to fire and glaze my pieces, but it will make everything so much easier! I love it and am so excited!

The girls and I messed around with the wheel to test it out and while I threw a few first bowls, Olivia sat on an upside down 5 gallon bucket and read to me from her book "The Great Escape." It was great to have some entertainment while I made bowls! Around noon we cleaned up our wheel and got showered and ready for Megan's wedding shower.

Jill hosted a wedding shower for Megan at her house that was an old time tea party! We were all asked to wear fascinators, which we first had to look up before we ordered one for each of us on Amazon. I ordered a cute pink and turquoise fascinator, Sofia a peacock fascinator and myself a sold turquoise fascinator. They were all very fancy and fun and looked great, although it took us a little bit to get used to when we put them on. We got ready, and headed to Jill's house for the 2pm shower. Inside her house was so cute and well-decorated and it was such a fun and civilized party! Of course, Olivia loves dressing up and being "fancy" and loved walking around Jill's living room trying on all the different lace gloves. Sofia enjoyed it too, although she isn't as much into it as Olivia. Instead, she was really interested in picking out the the teacups we brought with us and used during our tea party reception. After we mingled, we had tea sandwiches, cookies and tea and it all tasted delicious! After we were finished, Megan opened presents! It was so much fun and such fun to dress up and celebrate Megan and her upcoming wedding! We are so excited for her and Ryan.

My new Clay Boss! LOVE it!

Olivia entertaining me while I get ready to throw a few bowls.

My very first piece!

The very first bowl!

Olivia gives it a try!

Celebrating a first of many bowls.

Dressed up and ready to celebrate Megan at her tea party wedding shower.

Jill did an amazing job decorating!

The delicious food!

Her centerpiece!

Megan and the girls. They absolutely love Megan!


Hamming it up with the food!

The finger sandwiches - so delicious.

Olivia and her fancy gloves.

Young ladies enjoying their tea and tea sandwiches.

Megan during her party.

No comments: