Sunday, May 13, 2018

Happy Mother's Day!

Mother's Day came a little early when CK let me open my gift Saturday afternoon. There were several large boxes and I assumed it was something for the lake. However, when I opened it up it was a super cool Nespresso maker, glass-toped pod holder and milk frother. So exciting and such a great surprise! A week or two before Mother's Day, I told CK about visiting the Nespresso bar in the Northpark mall months ago when I went with Casey for her to return a purse. He was telling me about having it at a work conference and we were both agreeing that it is an amazing machine that makes delicious coffee. I'd seen the milk frother in action years ago when I went to a friend's house who has one. I thought it was one of the coolest things I'd ever seen! It was super exciting to have the whole system and I couldn't wait to try it out. However, it was already late afternoon and neither one of us can drink coffee and sleep well, so we decided to get it all ready and try it out in the morning.

On Mother's Day, we got up and tried out the cool new Nespresso! It was awesome and worked so quickly! The coffee is delicious too and it was such a luxury to have steamed frothy milk! It was a little sad to clean my reliable coffee maker for the last time and put it away, but I can't wait to start using my Nespresso every morning! I took Buddy for his morning walk and enjoyed my coffee on the way. We headed to Meeting, which was pretty small due to several being out of town. After, we stopped by DSW shoes to get the girls much-needed dress shoes and sandals. Sofia now wears a 7.5 woman's shoe and Olivia is between a 1 and 2, with really no half-sized shoes. The 1 is too tight and the 2 is too lose. We picked a nice pair of dress shoes and decided to put cushions in them to make them snug. Sofia also found a cute pair of olive green Birkenstock's which are really molded plastic, so they were only about $40. They fit her like a glove and she loves them!

After the great shoe purchase, we drove to Dallas to the Park City Club, for our Mother's Day brunch reservations. Along the way, we talked to the girls' Grandma and wished her a Happy Mother's Day and caught up. Due to all the rainy weather in the past few weekends, Olivia actually had a soccer game Friday at 6pm, Saturday at 11:30am and one at 1pm today, however, we asked Coach Matt if the Rockets had enough players and that we'd rather go to brunch instead. Seems odd that they would schedule it for Mother's Day. Once we arrived at the Park City Club, we were sat at a nice table and headed to their amazing buffet. The girls picked up coloring pages to draw on, and one of them was a sheet of questions about Mom. It was cute to have them fill out the answers, although they both know my real age! The food was delicious, as always, especially the shrimp and cocktail sauce! CK recently decided to cut carbs out of his diet, and I was super impressed that he kept to it! We sampled several desserts (except for CK) and just enjoyed the ambiance of the club. It is so nice and relaxing.

The kids had fun coloring and trying new foods. I think Olivia had watermelon, cucumbers and cheese. Meanwhile, Sofia tried the shrimp and lots of different foods from the buffet. Of course, they both enjoyed trying a variety of the desserts!

After we were done eating, we headed home where the girls gave me their homemade cards, which were so cute! Sofia spent a few hours working on "her gift" to me which ended up being two paintings. One was a painting of a peacock and another was a heart with "Mommy" in the center and a verse below it. It was so clever and she did a great job! Olivia made me a cute card and drawing. Olivia also game me some adorable gifts that she made at school. She gave me a "Mom" drawing, which was super cute and a decorated brown bag which had a jar of homemade lemon body scrub. I love the kid crafts that they make at school and she was so proud to give them to me!

After opening all my great gifts, I ended up taking a long nap with Olivia. It was fantastic! It felt so good to just relax and sleep. I never take naps and we ended up sleeping for well over an hour! Olivia actually continued to sleep and it was hard to get her up from our nap. That girl can sleep. It was such a fun and relaxing Mother's Day!

The girls and I at brunch

Olivia's page about me that she wrote at brunch.

Sofia's page

Olivia's handmade Mother's Day card! So sweet! I love it!

"Dear Mommy, You are the Best Mommy Ever! Out of all the Mommys I would pick you! You are caring, fun, and loving! Love, Olivia"

Sofia's sweet painting

Sofia's peacock painting!

Olivia's Mother's Day craft from school.

"She loves to listen to..... animals playing happily." Not really sure what that means!!

"She loves to go to..... Starbuck"

"She loves to eat....sweet chicken." Again, not sure what she means!

"She loves to watch....American Ninja Warrior." Yep! The three of us watch it when we remember!

"She loves to spend time....cooking." There are a few other things on my list above cooking, but that's pretty good!

"My Mom is special because she cooks dinner for us every night and I like it." So sweet!

No comments: