Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Olivia's Valentine's Party

For this year's Valentine's box I searched on Pinterest to get ideas and came across a super cute idea for Olivia. Using a memory box from Michael's I used pink, red and green construction paper to cut large hearts and then used hot glue to write "CUTIE," "BE MINE," and "LOVE." I added white glitter to the hot glue while it was still hot and then glued each of the hearts to the box. I also added "OLIVIA" to a heart and glued it to the top of the box, near the opening was cut for Valentine cards to be added. It ended up looking really cute and was very easy to make. CK and Olivia spent the weekend before Valentine's Day visiting Grandma and Grandpa in Florida, so I made it on my own. When Olivia got home, I was so excited to show her, but she was a little upset that I'd made it on my own. I offered to get another box and we could make something together or she could decorate it completely on her own. She agreed at first, but then decided she really liked the box I made and decided to keep it.

The week before, Olivia wrote out all of her Valentine's cards and picked out the dog and cat cards for the boys and the mermaid and princess cards for the girls. She added stickers to each and taped on a lollipop to each card. They really turned out cute and she enjoyed filling them out for her friends and classmates. I love the idea of valentines for all the classmates and Olivia was really looking forward to Valentine's Day and the party.

On Wednesday morning, both girls woke up excited for their respective parties, and Olivia was eager to get to school to celebrate. I realized that Olivia hadn't filled out a valentine's for Ms. Feaster, so I gave her a heart to write a message for her favorite teacher. After I dropped the girls off at school, I bought both teachers a $15 gift card from Starbucks to slip into each of the valentine's cards. When she was done with her Valentine's for her teacher, Olivia took her Valentine's box and the ziplock bag filled with her Valentine's cards. I took a few pictures of the girls' boxes and both of the girls with their boxes before we headed out the door to school. Because we were running late, I ended up taking Olivia to school first and she was super excited to see her friends and start the day.

Olivia's Valentine's party started at 11:50am and ended an hour later. I arrived just as the party started and found Olivia, who was busy with her friends at her table. She was so excited when she saw me and gave me a big hug. The kids each got an ice cream sundae that they could add hot fudge, caramel sauce and/or sprinkles. Of course, Olivia was all over that! Once all the kids were done with their sundaes, they played bingo with little red heart papers. After there were a few winners and they each picked out a reward, all of the kids had a chance to pick out a reward. The kids were pretty sugared up and so excited! After they were done with bingo, Ms. Feaster told the kids they could open their Valentine's boxes that held all of their valentines. Apparently, the kids must have passed them out earlier in the day. There were so many creative and cute Valentine's boxes! They were awesome!!

Olivia picked up her box and found a spot on the rug where she opened up her box and went through all of her Valentine's! She got so many cute Valentines, many with candy, pencils, stickers, and even a small box of chocolates! They were all so creative and Olivia LOVED going through each of them to see who gave her each valentine. The party was finishing up, so I gave Olivia a hug and kiss and headed out to drive to Sofia's school for her Valentine's party which started minutes after Olivia's finished up. It was so fun to watch her excitement at the party and for each of the valentine's cards.

Olivia's finished Valentine's box

The top of the box

The "Olivia" heart on the top of the box

Olivia writing her Valentine's card to Ms. Feaster

Olivia's card: "Dear Miss Feaster - You are the (best) teacher in the world. I love you will all my heart. When I'm in 2nd grade I'm going to miss you so much. From, Olivia"

Olivia and her Valentine's box



Our sweet Valentine girl!


Olivia and her cool glasses!


Olivia getting her sundae

Olivia and her friend, Cora.

Valentine's selfie!

Playing bingo


Checking out all of her Valentine's cards




The classroom Valentine's party!

No comments: