Friday, July 25, 2014

California, Day 15: Returning to Texas

We got up and out of our hotel by 830am and I had to stop for coffee at Starbucks down the street before getting onto the very slow-moving freeway toward LAX. As we inched along, I started getting nervous that we might not get to our flight in time to check on bags (one hour before take-off). We somehow made it to the rental car return and literally ran to the bus that took us to the terminal. Sofia actually got onto the bus just before the doors closed and I had to knock on the door so the bus would stop and let Olivia and I on too! We were so lucky though, because by the time we got to the terminal we had 10 minutes to check bags! We checked our bags on the super cheap Spirit Airlines and made our way to the security line, still nervous that we wouldn't make it on time. Unfortunately, LAX has ONE security line which means you stand in line for 45 minutes behind everyone else and it's awful. Thankfully, the security woman must have taken pity on me and two little girls and directed us up the escalator into the "pre-checked" line which meant we were through security in less than 10 minutes! I couldn't believe it and wished I'd known what she'd done so I could thank her! It saved us and I was so happy to be on the other side of the security line and walking toward our gate that would take us home! It has been a very fun and adventurous trip, but it's also time to be home with Papa and Buddy, sleep in our own beds and play with all our toys!

The flight went well and both girls read or napped and before we knew it we were landing in DFW and CK was giving us hugs of homecoming! What a fun two weeks it's been!

Have snacks, will fly!

Little one ready to go!

No comments: