Sunday, January 27, 2013

Olivia at 17 Months!

Little Olivia is now 27.5 lbs and 32 inches tall! Her hair is a bit shaggy and unruly which reminds me a lot of Sofia at this age. I've considered getting it trimmed but think it may even make it look worse. Unfortunately she will not keep any kind of bow or clip in her hair, so I can't even sweep her crazy bangs that are a bit too long up and out of her face. I can sometimes sneak one in her hair, but she usually discovers it and pulls it out of her hair after a few minutes. Her newest thing that she started doing a few weeks ago is kissing! She does this cute sound when she gives a kiss each time and it's the cutest thing! She loves giving hugs, particularly to our neighbors' shih tzus.

Although she still doesn't say much that is understandable, she sure talks a lot! She'll wander around the house just chatting away. She does understand everything that we say to her and will go get books to read when we ask her to, walk stuff to Sofia for us, etc. She still absolutely loves her food and eats anything we put in front of her. She still doesn't love avocados, but if I'm eating them then she'll be happy to help me with them. She still doesn't love milk so we still give her yogurt and cheese to be sure she gets calcium and sometimes give her milk with a little Ovaltine which she loves.

She's wearing nearly all of Sofia's old clothes and it's so fun to watch them be used again. I've been giving most of her clothes to a woman whose brother had twins last January in El Salvador. I've also kept probably too many outfits for the girls to have when they're older, but it's been hard saying goodbye to some of those adorable outfits.

Olivia is still a great sleeper and sleeps 12 hours at night and then has a 2 or sometimes 2 1/2 hour nap during the day. Every night CK gives the girls their bath together and gets Olivia ready for bed and Sofia out of the tub. Then he reads Olivia a few books, cuddles and sings to her "You are my sunshine" and lays her down to sleep. She generally goes to sleep without a peep. I used to sing to her at nap time and would sign "You are my sunshine" but she started to fuss as soon as I would start signing, so I switched to "skidamarink I love you" which is really a silly short kids song, but she seems to love it. Her nap used to be at 10am but that's been moving slowly toward 11 or even noon. She really needs another nap, but usually gets sleepy around 5pm so we just keep her up and try to distract her until her bedtime which is usually 7pm, after CK gives her and Sofia a bath.

Our sweet girl....

....who is very serious!

There's her sweet smile (thanks to Sofia who is being silly behind me)

What a pretty little girl

So happy!

Look at all those teeth!

Sisters (and Green Beup Beup)

Silly sisters!

Sofia telling Olivia a secret....I love this picture!

No comments: