Thursday, April 19, 2012

Best Friends

The other day Sofia's best friend, Maggie, who she has gone to school with at Spanish Schoolhouse for the past two years, and Maggie's little sister, Lily, came over for a swim play date. Our pool is still cold, but apparently if you're under 5 years old you're impervious to the temperature...The girls had a great time and I really enjoy watching Sofia and Maggie play together, I guess since they are both very similar in that they are happy, silly, funny girls who just enjoy being together, laughing, making up stories, and having fun together. They were good friends last year and have really become best friends this year, which has meant that I've had the added bonus of becoming good friends with their Mom, Melody. We've tried to explain to Sofia that she and Maggie will not be in school together next year and she gets so sad that she nearly starts crying. I really think they will stay friends and have more fun meeting up for play dates rather than spending their day together at school, although I also know both girls will befriend others. I do hope they are able to maintain the simple fun they share together.

Telling secrets

Doing what they do best...giggling!

More secrets

Sofia and Maggie hanging out together

We recently visited the aquarium and I snapped this photo of the girls, which is one of my favorites


Looking at the fish together

No comments: