Thursday, February 3, 2011

Cabin Fever Activities....

As beautiful as the snow is and as much as Sofia really wanted to play in the snow, we ended up being stuck inside for four solid days. Before snow we had an ice storm, so although pretty outside it was very dangerous to walk and especially drive! CK ended up taking Tuesday (the worst of it) and Friday off and took the Jeep the other two days to work, so I wasn't about to try and drive his car around town since it's real wheel drive.

I must confess, it was pretty fun to be stuck inside and Sofia and I stayed in our pajamas all day (we did get new ones each day), read stories, drew, played with finger paint, and of course played with Thomas the train. We also did a lot of baking and played in the snow at least once a day.

Sofia in my boots


Finger painting


She likes to paint her hand and then use it as a stamp...thank goodness for washable finger paints.


Napping of course. We had just settled in to read a story, when the phone rang and I jumped up to answer it. I only talked for ten minutes and came back to find her fast asleep.


Heading out with Papa on Friday to play in the snow.


So happy! She loves the snow!


The freshly falling snow


With Papa


and Mom...


Nothing beats a pancake breakfast!


I love our yard with a blanket of snow across it.....so pretty!


Some cookies we baked....

No comments: